Unfortunately for some, this “doomsday scenario” has or will become a reality in the near future. That’s why it’s important for homeowners to be armed with as much information as possible about the most common AC repairs that we see as pros.
- Thermostat Issues: It may seem silly, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t set their thermostat correctly, forget to calibrate it or never check the batteries. If you’re experiencing AC issues, your first stop should always be the thermostat! It may be an easy fix.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Simply put, without refrigerant, your air conditioner will not be able to successfully absorb heat and produce cold air. This issue can be resolved with a simple refrigerant recharge — performed by a professional of course!
- Drainage Problems: The formation of condensation is a huge part of the air conditioning process, and therefore, proper drainage must be in place to safely carry water away from the unit. A malfunctioning drain line or drip pan can elevate your unit’s humidity levels, ultimately elevating your indoor humidity levels as well.
- Broken Compressor Fans: It’s not uncommon for your unit’s outdoor compressor to fall victim to the elements, causing a broken or malfunctioning compressor fan. Whatever you do, don’t try to diagnose this one on your own! Simply shut down your unit and call a professional right away.
- Frozen Condenser Coils: Again, located in the outdoor component of your air conditioner, condenser coils can be subjected to icing over. This makes it impossible for your unit to properly perform the heat exchange needed to produce cool air.
When was the last time you had your AC inspected by a professional? If you can’t remember, or if you’re experiencing any issue whatsoever, it’s time to give Tyler Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration LLC a call!
Learn more about our HVAC maintenance, AC repair and other related services. Call 203-378-4700 or contact us online.