A System That is Too Small
- If your HVAC Contractor inaccurately assumes the load that your air conditioner needs to handle, it will spell bad news for you and your wallet.
- A system that is too small will not be able to heat/cool the given space effectively.
- Units that are too small will remain on constantly which leads to higher utility costs.
- Undersized air conditioners will give out sooner than the normal 10-15 year life span.
- Air quality will eventually start to suffer because the filter in the unit can’t handle the workload either.
A System That is Too Large
- Some folks often misunderstand the notion that bigger is always better!
- Common sense would tell you that a unit with an extra 1/2 ton of carrying capacity would provide more effective heating/cooling, but this is not the case.
- A large air conditioner or heating system WILL heat/cool your home faster, but it also cycles on and off too often.
- Because of the short cycles, the unit can not dehumidify for your house and it will still have that sticky feeling.
- When a unit is cycling on and off that often, it will actually raise the operating costs.
- The constant on and off will also cause the unit to die out quicker.
To schedule an installation, call 203-378-4700 or book an appointment online for fast and easy service!